WP Restoration Offers Testing and Full Remediation for Existing Mold
Mold Testing – When should you test for mold?
- When you do not see any visible mold, but a moldy smell is present. A mold inspection and mold testing can reveal if there is an elevated presence of mold and where it is located.
- There have been plumbing leaks or water issues and there is a suspicion that elevated mold may exist in the air and/or behind walls.
Whether your mold remediation needs are large or small, you can rest assured WP Restoration will provide a detailed quality resolution so you can get back to life knowing your home is a healthy place again for your family. It is important to remember that when performing a mold remediation, your goal is to remove the mold completely, not just kill it. Mold spores are toxigenic and allergenic whether they are dead or alive. WP Restoration follows the IICRC S250 Standard for Professional Mold Remediation, which requires the use of an abrasive cleaning method and a HEPA filtered vacuum. It is considered the most effective and safest method to remove mold.
- A complete and detailed inspection of the contaminated site is performed.
- An Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) is consulted if appropriate.
- A working protocol is written by either an IEP or the remediation contractor.
- The building of proper containment for the work site is completed, and correct negative air pressure is established.
- Based on the protocol, demolition and/or removal of what material can and should be removed is performed.
- All materials should be dried, if needed, to below 16% moisture content.
- The remaining structure (framing lumber, plywood, oriented stead board, etc.) is to be cleaned using an abrasive cleaning method such as sanding, soda blasting or dry ice blasting.
- All surfaces are HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) vacuumed.
- An EPA-registered biocide is applied, following label direction, to ensure remaining microbes are destroyed. WP Restoration uses Benefect, a botanical disinfectant-more information on Benefect can be found below.
- Double check that all materials have been dried to a proper standard below 16% moisture content.
- An inspection is performed by the mold remediation contractor. This inspection may include the use of a particle counter or other sampling tools or techniques. If appropriate, an IEP is asked to complete this step.
- Recommendations given for some form of surface protection or dehumidifier installation as needed.
- Reconstruction is performed, when necessary, in accordance with local building codes and ordinances.
Benefect has been reviewed for safety, efficacy, and environmental impact by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and offers the following advantages:
- Kills over 99.99% of Germs
- Virucidal (HIV-1)
- Bactericidal (Including MRSA)
- Fungicidal, Tuberculocidal
- Made from Plant Extracts
- Pleasant Aromatherapeutic Vapors
- No Synthetic Fragrances, Dyes, or Bleach
- No Cautions/Warning on the label or MSDS sheets
- No Rinse or Wipe Required
- No Mixing Required
Contact us today with any questions or concerns, or to schedule an appointment.